The College of Engineering and Computer Studies (CoECS) was created following the conversion of Pampanga Agricultural College into Pampanga State Agricultural Univeristy (PSAU) on January 13, 2015. By virtue of Board Resolution No. 26-2015, the Institution of Engineering and Computer Studies (IECS) was renamed to College of Engineering and Computer Studies (CoECS).
Three relatively large departments contitute the College, formost of which is the Department of Resource Engineering and Agricultural Mechanization which originally started back in 1984 by virtue of Board Resolution No. 84-164. This department was created in response to the increasing demand for competent agricultural engineers. Then came the Department of Computer Studies and Automation(DCSA), which started as a collaboration endevour of the then PAC with ACE Computer Institute in 2001 as per Board Resolution No. 01-27. After six years of operation under the ACE Computer Institute, the managment of DCST was turned over to PAC upon the termination of their contract. And in response to the global competitiveness in the field of engineering, another program was established on March 22, 2013, with the offering of Bacherlor of Science in Geodetic Engineering under the Department of Geodetic Engineering, as approved by virtue of Board Resolution No. 13-09.
CoECS aims to provide professional and technical education in engineering, computer studies and allied fields, produce globally competent and versatile individuals, and promote research and development, extension and training, and production in these areas.
- Department of Resource Engineering and Agricultural Mechanization:
- Train students in the application of engineering principles particularly in the solution of problems related to agro-industrial development;
- Prepare them to become professionals with entry-level competencies;
- Develop appreciation in the students, of the potentials of an agricultural engineering business enterprise;
- Instill in the students a concern for the preservation and protection of the natural environment; and
- Prepare students for advanced studies.
- Department of Geodetic Engineering:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, physical sciences, and engineering sciences to the practice of geodetic engineering;
- Ability to design and conduct experiments to test hypotheses and verify assumptions, as well as to organize, analyze and interpret data, draw valid conclusions, and develop mathematical models for processes;
- Ability to design, improve, innovate, and to supervise systems or procedures to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams in diverse fields of practice;
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve geodetic engineering problems
- Understand the effects and impact of the geodetic engineering profession on the environment and society, as well as the social and ethical responsibilities of the profession.
- Specialized knowledge in at least one focus area of geodetic engineering practice and the ability to apply such knowledge to provide solutions to actual problems;
- Ability for effective oral and written communications particularly in the English language;
- Ability to engage in life-long learning to keep current of the development in a specific field of specialization
- Ability to use the appropriate techniques, skills and tools necessary for the practice of geodetic engineering; and
- Gain knowledge in contemporary issues under the program.
- Department of Computer Studies and Automation:
- To equip the students with highly competitive theoretical, conceptual, and technical skills in the globally comprehensive e-learning environment;
- To train the students and provide them with a variety of career and technical education programs in the field of information technology and allied fields that will prepare them for employment in the current business, industry, and service sectors;
- To provide enhanced IT educational training through the development of partnerships that promote and support economic development and service to the community;
- To inculcate among students and environment that foster high ethical standards, openness, trust, respect, and fairness among all members of the academic community;
- To provide learning opportunities for cultural enrichment and personal development; and
- To promote awareness of the importance of computer technologies and e-learning with other field of studies such as agriculture, business, education, and other fields of endeavor.