MYRNA B. LORENZO
Vice President - Administration, Business and Finance (ABF)
1.0 PURPOSEThe VPAF Office is in-charge in reviewing all financial and administrative documentsto ensure that they are in accordance with the applicable statutory and regulatoryrequirements before signing and recommending for final action of the UniversityPresident.
2.0 SCOPEThe VPAF Office has the following specific functions:
- Supervise all offices under the Administration, Finance, and Affairs,and monitor the offices' respective accomplishments in performing theirrespective offices' objectives of rendering quality services, and ensures that allapplicable statutory and regulatory requirements are being complied;
- Recommend for approval of the University President all financial transactions,sign Purchase Requests (PRs), Disbursement Vouchers (DVs), checks, payrolls,requisition and issue slips, Advice of Checks Issued and Cancelled (ACIC)
- Recommend for approval of the University President all documents concerningadministrative, and signs/approves Form 6, Job Orders, appointments ofadministrative personnel, loan applications to GSIS, PAGIBIG, etc.
3.0 ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTS
- PSAU QMS Manual
- COA Circulars
- DBM Circulars
- RA 9184
- CSC Circulars
4.0 DEFINITION OF TERMS
- GAM - Government Accounting Manual
- Disbursement Voucher - document used for processing payment for particulartransactions for any form of procurement made by the University
- GSIS - Government Service Insurance System
- PAGIBIG - Government Mutual Development Fund where governmentemployees can avail Multipurpose Loan and Housing Loan
- COA- Commission on Audit
- DBM - Department of Budget and Management
- CSC - Civil Service Commission
- RA 9184 - Government Procurement Law of the Philippines
- ABC -Approved Budget for the Contract
- APP - Annual Procurement Plan
- PPMP - Project Procurement Management PlanThis document is a property of PSAU and the contents are treated in strict confidentiality. Thus, unauthorized reproduction is strictlyprohibited, unless otherwise, permitted by the PSAU Management. All inquiries regarding this procedure shall be directed to the Personnelwho is responsible for its control.
- Vice-President for Administration and Finance
- Disbursement Voucher - document used for processing payment for particulartransactions for any form of procurement made by the University;
- Review, sign, and recommend for approval of the President all PurchaseRequests, Purchase Orders, Disbursement Vouchers, Payrolls, Contracts, JobOrders, Appointments of Administrative Personnel, Form 6, detail assignmentsof Security Guards;
- Approve/Sign requisition and issue slips, Advice of Checks Issued andCancelled (ACIC); application for loans of employees;
- Supervise/monitor the performance/accomplishment of the offices underthe VPAF in accordance with their respective quality objectives ofattaining quality service.
- ADMINISTRATIVE AIDE III
- Serve as Secretary of the VPAF;
- Review/check all incoming financial and administrative documents,Communications for signature and appropriate action of the VPAF;
- Collects customer feedback forms from the offices feedback boxes underthe office of the VPAF, and collates monthly performance monitoringforms from same offices5.1.4 Summarizes the collected customer feedbacks5.1.5 File all documents of the office of the VPAF.
- ADMINISTRATIVE AIDE III (JO)
- Record in the log sheets all incoming and outgoing financial andadministrative documents, communications acted upon by the VPAF;
- Release all documents acted by the VPAF to the President's Office andother concerned offices;
- Encode in the computer all the documents recorded on the log sheets;
- Assist in the filing of documents of the VPAF Office;
- Do messengerial job for the VPAF
- Documents Procedure
- Administrative Aide III (JO) shall receive the incoming documents, classifythem and record them on the assigned log sheets with specific date ofreceipt, time, originating office, name of document/title;
- Administrative Aide III shall review all incoming documents as tocompleteness of supporting documents and if found in order will be givento the VPABF for appropriate action;
- AThe VPABF shall review completeness of the documents andsign/recommend approval of the President, if not in order return thedocuments to concerned office with an action slip affixed with it;This document is a property of PSAU and the contents are treated in strict confidentiality. Thus, unauthorized reproduction is strictlyprohibited, unless otherwise, permitted by the PSAU Management. All inquiries regarding this procedure shall be directed to the Personnelwho is responsible for its control;
- Administrative Aide III (JO) shall record all documents signed/acted bythe VPABF according to their classification on the assigned log sheets withspecific date of release, time, receiving office, name of document/title.
- Document Filing Procedure
- The Administrative Aide III (JO) shall encode all documents recorded onthe log sheets in the computer for reference and easy retrieval ofinformation;
- The Administrative Aide III shall classify all documents to be filed in thefiling cabinet according to nature/subject for easy retrieval.