THE PSAU COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
E X T E N S I O N C R E E D
Go to the people
Live with the people
Learn from them
Plan with them
Work with them
Start with what they know
Build on what they have
Teach by example, learn by doing
Not a showcase but a pattern
Not odds and end, but a system
Not piece meal but integrated approach
Not a conform but to transform
Not relief but release
The College of Arts and Sciences Extension Program emanates from its four programs: Master of Science in Biology, Bachelor of Arts in English, Bachelor of Science in Biology, and Bachelor of Science in Mathematics.
Develop self-sustaining community through applications of knowledge- based technology
The CAS Extension Unit shall provide relevant and practical technologies for people empowerment, increased community participation and sustainable development.
Facilitate sustainable development in the countryside through info-dissemination and demonstration of different and practical technologies.
The CAS generally aims to serve as catalyst of development in the delivery of services in the fields of education, particularly literacy, proficiency, and numeracy for Sciences, English and Human Sciences as well as provide better living in the community.
- To increase the adoption and utilization of technologies generated by other colleges as well as other university activities;
- To disseminate relevant information or technologies;
- To provide technical assistance to target clientele; and
- To contribute in the upliftment of the living condition of target beneficiaries.
PROGRAM THRUSTS AND PRIORITIES
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM - concerned with economic, social, political and educational development of communities which would be made possible through "adoption of a barangay or a school."
- SOCIAL SERVICES PROGRAM - provides access to special services for the improvement of the educational, health status as well as enhancement of their socio-cultural, sports development, and value formation for the welfare of the different sectors of the community such as: children, youth, mothers, disabled and senior citizens as an offshoot of the PSAU Extension Program on BIDANI.
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAM - provides opportunities for environmental awareness and initiates different environmental projects and activities.
- LIVELIHOOD PROGRAM - designed to initiate livelihood projects and activities in the adopted community. This provides livelihood projects geared towards eradication of unemployment problem as well as extreme poverty and hunger.
- SKILLS TRAINING, LITERACY and PROFESSIONAL ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM - provides skills training/ literacy and professional enhancement seminars/workshops and other learning opportunities to the employed workers and professionals, disadvantaged groups such as OSY and unemployed adults.