The University shall primarily provide advanced education, higher technological, professional instruction and training in the fields of agriculture arts and sciences, teacher education, industrial technology and engineering, information technology, business management and accountancy, non-traditional courses and other relevant fields of study. It shall also undertake research, extension services and production activities in support of the development of the Province of Pampanga and provide progressive leadership in its areas of specialization (Sec. 2, RA 10605).
PSAU VISION:To be the Premier Science and Agro-ecological University
Mainstream science and practice of agroecological and industrial technologies through distinctive instruction, research, extension and entrepreneurship for people and nature
PSAU GOAL:To transform PSAU into an effective institution of higher learning for agroecological education and allied fields, impact driven research, extension and entrepreneurship uplifting the welfare of the people and nature
PSAU CORE VALUES:People-centeredness – Relevant and socially-responsive services
Systems thinking – Integrated, collaborative, and multi-disciplinary approach to local and global issues and concerns
Accountability – Responsibility, trustworthiness, and efficiency in implementing programs
Unity – Solidarity, teamwork and harmony under the Almighty
PSAU DISTINCTIVE MAJOR PROGRAMS:
PSAU will pursue the following major programs with certain distinctive from the previous ones as described below:
- Relevant and customized curricular programs
- Science and technology-based entrepreneurship-oriented curricular offerings for wider economic opportunities.
- Demand-driven/Community-oriented R&D
- Major on applied, commercialization and resource conservation-oriented R & D.
- On-site technology promotion and transfer
- Package and transfer appropriate “technology mix”.
- Inputs production, quality control testing and commercialization
- Inputs production and commercialization generate basic farm inputs for increased and sustainable production (improved germplasm, organic fertilizers, bio-control pesticides, indigenous feeds, etc.)
PSAU STRATEGIC THRUSTS:PSAU sets the following thrusts consistent to its roadmap towards achieving higher academic and research excellence:
- Pursue relevant, customized and demand-driven academic programs;
- Intensify student services and development;
- Develop and empower human resources;
- Invest and diversify income-generating projects (IGPs);
- Specialize on product development and agri-based commercialization;
- Advance instruction, research, extension and technology commercialization through linkages and networking;
- Promote effective and efficient organizational culture through teamwork and harmony; and
- Upgrade instructional, research, extension and training facilities.