- Category: RDET
- Hits: 2124
- Evaluates and recommends research programs/projects/studies to PSAU and other prospective funding institutions and facilitate their implementation
- Promotes and facilitate the verification and utilization of generated technologies in cooperation with the Extension and Training Office
- Organizes, implements and coordinates activities which will promote encouragement to the faculty & staff involved in scientific activities
- Promotes manpower development to further strengthen the research capability of the University
- Institutes a comprehensive planning, programming, reporting and evaluation system
- Recommends penalties to researcher(s) who violate(s) the guidelines set by the RDTWC. Penalties may include withholding of honoraria or recommendation for suspension of the PSAU funded research project/study
- Category: RDET
- Hits: 8775
Vice President - Research, Extension and Training (RET)
GREETINGS! All academic institutions are tasked to generate, transmit, disseminate and apply knowledge. In order to become relevant, they should not only content themselves with disseminating knowledge but generating and applying them as well. This is exactly what the Pampanga State Agricultural University (PSAU) does to support and nourish the learning environment for both faculty and the students and assist other stakeholders.
The PSAU had continuously achieved quality R and D programs that lend support to the learning opportunities of communities it serves, through its extension and training advocacy. Its multi-disciplinary R and D Program, the results of which are shared and disseminated through extension and training had continuously provided imperative, critical and independent culture that supports and develops intellectual capability.
The PSAU RDET program had truly sought to advance the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. The multi-disciplinary RDET programs, implemented through the generous support of the administration, as well as national and international funding agencies and the heightened interest of the faculty to conduct RDET activities, the awards and recognitions obtained, all contributed to what had been achieved now. With this, we vow to continue what we had started , as we chart a strong, relevant research and development, extension and training culture throughout the University. Everyone is invited to join us all along!
- Category: RDET
- Hits: 5288
Director - Research, Extension and Training 1
A total of 28 papers were presented for evaluation during the PAC 26th Agency In-House Review for Completed and On-going Researches on August 22, 2013. On the other hand, the 2nd Research Forum was held on November 20, 2013 at the PAC Audio Visual Center with 80 participants from different institutes. In this forum, nine faculty members who have recently graduated presented their MS thesis / PhD dissertations.
The output from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)–funded project entitled "Biomass Resource Assessment on Selected Sites of Luzon" was finally completed and presented to USAID officials at the US Embassy on September 24, 2013. Dr. Soriano, Engr. Tanquilut and Mr. Rafael represented the research team. Meanwhile, a total funding assistance of PhP 3 million by the Department of Agriculture – Regional Field Office III was approved for the "On Farm Evaluation of Rice-Based Farming Systems in Three Agro-Ecological Zones under Rainfed Environment" and an inception meeting for this project was conducted on June 24, 2013.
The Alternative Low Input Agriculture System (ALIAS) Center was certified as an Organic Farm by Ecoland while its trademark/logo has been registered with the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines.
Director of Research and Development
- Coordinates with the VP-RET and College Deans on matters pertaining to the R&D programs
- Coordinates the planning, implementation and evaluation of R&D programs and activities of various institutes relevant to local, regional, national and international needs:
- Assists in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating R&D programs/projects;
- Determines, in consultation with the RET, which proposals are to be endorsed for approval and funding;
- Coordinates and assists in the planning and preparation of the proposed work and financial plan of the ORD and properly inform the concerned research leaders on decisions arrived at during budget dialogue meetings; and,
- Monitors and evaluates the implementation of R&D programs/projects,
- Plans and coordinates with the other units of the College, other SUCs, and/or other agencies for a complementation scheme/networking/linkages for efficient utilization of available resources to:
- Help develop and maintain a functional management information system that is necessary for an effective information dissemination system and/or technical assistance to target beneficiaries;
- Establish strong internal and external linkages with various institutions to support the University’s research and development thrusts; and,
- Develop and help promote manpower development programs.
- Disseminates information to various institutions concerning research priority areas on R&D agenda and thrusts of national, regional and local agencies.
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of activities of the ORD and helps in the preparation of annual reports
- Performs other duties and responsibilities:
- Monitors the attendance of all R&D staff
- Recommends for the approval of Special Orders for the conduct of researches, leave of absence, travel orders and other pertinent documents for researchers / R&D staff; and,
- Reviews and endorses accomplishment reports of researchers, clearances and other pertinent documents of faculty, students and staff.
- Category: RDET
- Hits: 4964
Director - Extension and Training Office
Vision, Mission, and Objectives
Excellence in technology transfer and advisory services in building self-reliant and globally competitive communities in Pampanga and its neighboring provinces.
To create empowered communities through relevant and impact-driven extension services for food security, climate resiliency, and poverty alleviation.
1. To establish strong leadership in the implementation of extension and training programs in response to global demands and
2. To capacitate and improve the lives of clientele communities through the implementation of viable extension and training programs.
3. To intensify women's participation through Gender and Development related extension and training programs.