Director - Extension and Training Office
MISSION, VISION, AND OBJECTIVES
To create empowered communities through relevant and impact-driven extension services for food security, climate resiliency, and poverty alleviation.
Excellence in technology transfer and advisory services in building self-reliant and globally competitive communities in Pampanga and its neighboring provinces.
1. To establish strong leadership in the implementation of extension and training programs in response to global demands and
2. To capacitate and improve the lives of clientele communities through the implementation of viable extension and training programs.
3. To intensify women's participation through Gender and Development related extension and training programs.
FUNCTIONS OF THE EXTENSION AND TRAINING OFFICE
A. General Function
The Extension and Training Office shall take charge for the implementation of extension programs in the university, community and its neighboring provinces.
B. Specific Functions
1. Implement the establishment of extension and training programs among the PSAU extension adopted barangays and schools;
2. Help the clientele communities to capacitate and improve their lives through the
implementation of feasible extension and training programs;
3. Help to intensify the participation of women through livelihood trainings and other extension activities;
4. Coordinate and supervise overall aspects of extension programs and activities;
5. Initiate plans to ensure a sustainable, profitable and competitive production such as food post-harvest processing and product development through clientele empowerment;
6. Perform such other function(s) that may be assigned by the Vice President for RET or the Office of the President.
CHED 6 AGENDA
CHED 6 AGENDA/PROGRAM FOR PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE IN EXTENSION
1. Extension for Food production and security
2. Extension in Environment, disaster prevention, preparedness and resiliency
3. Extension in Biodiversity and conservation
4. Extension in Smart analytics and engineering innovations
5. Extension in Translational health
6. Extension in Education
1. Ensure a sustainable, profitable, and competitive food production, post-harvest, processing, and product development in Central Luzon through farmer empowerment.
2. Empower clientele with the necessary skills in environmental conservation, disaster prevention, preparedness and resiliency.
3. Protect and conserve the biodiversity and natural resources through educational programs.
4. Improve the health, nutrition, safety, and economic security of clienteles' families.
5. Prepare clientele to be productive, positive, and equipped with life skills for the future.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EXTENSION AND TRAINING PERSONNEL
A. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE RET COUNCIL
1. Serves as the Advisory Board in implementing extension and training programs.
2. Approves or disapproves major changes in the organizational structure of the Extension and Training Office.
3. Recommends extension and training programs for implementation and for redirection to the Office of the President.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR OF EXTENSION AND TRAINING
1. Coordinates with the President, Vice President for RET, and college deans on matters pertaining to the extension and training programs of the University.
2. Spearheads the direct planning, implementation and evaluation of extension and training programs along with the activities relevant to local, regional and national needs.
3. Assists in the planning and coordination with the other Colleges, Unit/Offices of the University and/or related agencies for a complementation scheme/networking/linkages for efficient utilization of available resources.
4. Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of activities of each college extension and training units and helps in the preparation of reports.
5. Other duties and responsibilities:
A. Recommends for the approval of the leave of absence and travel orders of the extension and training staff; and,
C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF EXTENSION AND TRAINING
1. Assists the Director of Extension and Training in the performance of general functions, duties and responsibilities;
2. In the absence of the Director, whether be on official business, on skeletal work force and work from home schedule or on leave, acts on matters pertinent to extension-related activities; and
3. Performs other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the Director of Extension and Training and from other superiors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT CENTER-Coordinator
1. Coordinates with the Director of Extension and Training for the packaging of matured technologies derived from research outputs.
2. Develops and produces Information, Education & Communication materials.
3. Disseminates information technologies.
4. Produces quarterly issues of the RET Newsletter.
5. Submits year end reports to the office of the Director of Extension and Training.
E. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMUNITY RADIO STATION-Manager
1. Coordinates with the Director of Extension and Training pertaining to the operations of the Radio Station based on the work plan.
2. Develops plans, schedules and oversees the daily operations of the station.
3. Creates and broadcast development programs in the radio station with the Development Communication students (DevCom), in coordination with other Programs of the University.
4. Monitors and evaluates the programs of the station and meets all requirements and regulations with regards to programming.
5. Attends to queries/request of listeners to the radio station.
6. Trains volunteers, interns and other personnel of the radio station.
7. Submits year end reports to the office of the Director of Extension and Training.
F. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMUNITY ORGANIZER
1. Coordinates community-based activities such as pilot- testing of matured technologies, and Science and Technology-based farms (STBF), as directed by the Director of Extension and Training.
2. Facilitates the conduct of field days, farmers’ field school (FFS) activities, and others.
3. Prepares and submits project reports, monthly reports and other relevant documents to the Director of Extension and Training. Performs other related duties as needed or assigned by the immediate head.
G. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OFFICE CLERK/STAFF
1. Responsible in receiving telephone calls, in-coming documents, communications, among others.
2. Processes/follow-ups requests, letters and other communications to the administration and other colleges.
3. Serves as custodian of all office equipment, materials and other important office supplies.