Director - Research, Extension and Training 1
A total of 28 papers were presented for evaluation during the PAC 26th Agency In-House Review for Completed and On-going Researches on August 22, 2013. On the other hand, the 2nd Research Forum was held on November 20, 2013 at the PAC Audio Visual Center with 80 participants from different institutes. In this forum, nine faculty members who have recently graduated presented their MS thesis / PhD dissertations.
The output from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)–funded project entitled "Biomass Resource Assessment on Selected Sites of Luzon" was finally completed and presented to USAID officials at the US Embassy on September 24, 2013. Dr. Soriano, Engr. Tanquilut and Mr. Rafael represented the research team. Meanwhile, a total funding assistance of PhP 3 million by the Department of Agriculture – Regional Field Office III was approved for the "On Farm Evaluation of Rice-Based Farming Systems in Three Agro-Ecological Zones under Rainfed Environment" and an inception meeting for this project was conducted on June 24, 2013.
The Alternative Low Input Agriculture System (ALIAS) Center was certified as an Organic Farm by Ecoland while its trademark/logo has been registered with the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines.
Director of Research and Development
- Coordinates with the VP-RET and College Deans on matters pertaining to the R&D programs
- Coordinates the planning, implementation and evaluation of R&D programs and activities of various institutes relevant to local, regional, national and international needs:
- Assists in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating R&D programs/projects;
- Determines, in consultation with the RET, which proposals are to be endorsed for approval and funding;
- Coordinates and assists in the planning and preparation of the proposed work and financial plan of the ORD and properly inform the concerned research leaders on decisions arrived at during budget dialogue meetings; and,
- Monitors and evaluates the implementation of R&D programs/projects,
- Plans and coordinates with the other units of the College, other SUCs, and/or other agencies for a complementation scheme/networking/linkages for efficient utilization of available resources to:
- Help develop and maintain a functional management information system that is necessary for an effective information dissemination system and/or technical assistance to target beneficiaries;
- Establish strong internal and external linkages with various institutions to support the University’s research and development thrusts; and,
- Develop and help promote manpower development programs.
- Disseminates information to various institutions concerning research priority areas on R&D agenda and thrusts of national, regional and local agencies.
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of activities of the ORD and helps in the preparation of annual reports
- Performs other duties and responsibilities:
- Monitors the attendance of all R&D staff
- Recommends for the approval of Special Orders for the conduct of researches, leave of absence, travel orders and other pertinent documents for researchers / R&D staff; and,
- Reviews and endorses accomplishment reports of researchers, clearances and other pertinent documents of faculty, students and staff.