BSGE is a five-year degree program offered on a semestral basis. It provides knowledge, skills and relevant experience to students in the fundamentals of surveying and mapping work, geodesy, remote sensing, geographic information systems and oceanography. It also focuses on the laws of public lands and natural resources, land registration laws, obligations and contracts and professional ethics.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, physical sciences, and engineering sciences to the practice of geodetic engineering;
- Ability to design and conduct experiments to test hypotheses and verify assumptions, as well as to organize, analyze and interpret data, draw valid conclusions, and develop mathematical models for processes;
- Ability to design, improve, innovate, and to supervise systems or procedures to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams in diverse fields of practice;
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve geodetic engineering problems
- Understand the effects and impact of the geodetic engineering profession on the environment and society, as well as the social and ethical responsibilities of the profession.
- Specialized knowledge in at least one focus area of geodetic engineering practice and the ability to apply such knowledge to provide solutions to actual problems;
- Ability for effective oral and written communications particularly in the English language;
- Ability to engage in life-long learning to keep current of the development in a specific field of specialization
- Ability to use the appropriate techniques, skills and tools necessary for the practice of geodetic engineering; and
- Gain knowledge in contemporary issues under the program.